Monkeyfriendly and Participlant's partnership caused
10 trees to get re-planted in deforested areas.
Visit Participlant to see how you can plant more trees too!

Who is behind Participlant?

Hello! My name is Luc, I am a student in the city of Rotterdam. I created Participlant with the goal of planting as many trees as possible to fight climate change. To realise this, I partnered up with the amazing people of One Tree Planted to plant trees in Australia, Ethiopia, and Brazil. Learn more about One Tree Planted and the projects I support here. In total, 75% of the earnings will be allocated to plant trees, the remaining 25% is used to cover operational costs. Every dollar allocated for tree planting will plant one tree.If you like this plant-based way of advertising, please follow Participlant on InstagramFacebook & Twitter.

Welcome to Rotterdam in the Netherlands!

Rotterdam is the second largest city and municipality in the Netherlands. It is in the province of South Holland, at the mouth of the Nieuwe Maas channel leading into the Rhine–Meuse–Scheldt delta at the North Sea. A major logistic and economic centre, Rotterdam is Europe's largest seaport. In 2020, it had a population of 651,446 and is home to over 180 nationalities.

Rotterdam is known for its university, riverside setting, lively cultural life, maritime heritage and modern architecture. The near-complete destruction of the city centre in the World War II Rotterdam Blitz has resulted in a varied architectural landscape, including skyscrapers designed by architects such as Rem Koolhaas, Piet Blom and Ben van Berkel.

The Rhine, Meuse and Scheldt give waterway access into the heart of Western Europe, including the highly industrialized Ruhr. The extensive distribution system including rail, roads, and waterways have earned Rotterdam the nicknames "Gateway to Europe" and "Gateway to the World".


By joining the weekly poll on our website you can let us know where the trees are needed the most, trees will be planted accordingly. The projects in the following countries are supported:


The Atlantic Forest, also known as Mata Atlantica, once spanned 130 million hectares across Brazil. Now, this tropical rainforest ecosystem covers only about 12% of its original area and is home to more than half of the country’s population. Centuries of deforestation for timber, sugar cane, coffee, cattle ranching, and urban sprawl have contributed to its current state.


This tree planting project links environmental restoration with income generation, providing the local community with the knowledge and tools to conserve their land, protect their water supply, and create a sustainable, diverse economy for future generations. It focuses on the Loka Bedelcha Kebele in Southern Ethiopia, and the Amhara region in the North. Both are areas where environmental degradation is threatening livelihoods and biodiversity. These regions face challenges like dry and unpredictable climates, poor soil fertility, ineffective land management practices, and lenient resource regulations.


Australia experienced one of the largest natural disasters in history. This year’s fire season has brought about unprecedented destruction as wildfires have spread across every Australian state, burning up nearly 6 million hectares (15 million acres) of bush as of January 2020. But the devastation witnessed in the state of New South Wales is nearly unfathomable – 3.6 million hectares (8.8 million acres) have been lost, over 1,500 homes destroyed or damaged, and 24 people have been killed.

Click here to visit our next partner page